We’ve been working on something big...
I'll keep it short and sweet, because we've got a big announcement to go along with the leaderboard this week.
The Voter Engagement Toolkit
Today is a big day. TurboVote has been working all summer on a Voter Engagement Toolkit and the first version is now ready for you to take a look! This toolkit is your resource for how TurboVote can best be implemented on campus and how we can get the most students to sign up to become lifelong voters.
The resource is available in both online and PDF formats - with the PDF format being more robust in this first iteration. We recommend using the PDF version, but you can also access the online version in case you’re on your smartphone or just need a quick reference. However you choose to view it, we hope the case studies and information are wildly helpful.
It is important to us that we continue improving this document, so please let us know if there is information that's unclear, missing, or unnecessary. If you have input, we’re reachable anytime at email@example.com.
We would like to thank all of the partners who have shared information with us specifically for the toolkit, but also generally over the years. This is a community of passionate, talented, altruistic people and you are all amazing in our eyes. Thank you!
Now, on to the leaderboards. Each week, I’ll continue to update you on our national leaderboards for total sign-ups and sign-ups as a percentage of total students at an institution.
Leaderboard, Total Sign-ups, Sept. 9:
- Case Western Reserve University - 721
- Polk State College - 369
- Salisbury University - 348
- Broward College - 319
- Miami Dade College - 302
- Vassar College - 260
- William Paterson University - 218
- Montclair State University - 211
- Arizona State University - 184
- Palm Beach State College - 168
- Seton Hall University - 157
- The College Hill Alliance/Mercer University - 136
- University of Nevada, Reno - 134
- Northeastern University - 133
- Towson University - 133
- Clayton State University - 130
- The Institute of Politics at Harvard University - 123
- Rollins College - 114
- Stanford University - 113
- Brown University - 109
- Boise State University - 99
- Norfolk State University - 99
- St. Petersburg College - 96
- Hastings College - 93
- Simpson College - 84
Leaderboard, Sign-ups as a % of student population, Sept. 9:
- Case Western Reserve University - 15.47%
- Vassar College - 10.50%
- Hastings College - 8.32%
- The College of William & Mary - 7.54%
- Rollins College - 6.03%
- Polk State College - 5.46%
- Simpson College - 4.91%
- Salisbury University - 4.35%
- Bates College - 4.08%
- The College Hill Alliance/Mercer University - 3.08%
- Occidental College - 2.96%
- Seton Hall University - 2.91%
- William Paterson University - 2.17%
- Clayton State University - 1.89%
- The Institute of Politics at Harvard University - 1.83%
- Stetson University - 1.80%
- Northeastern University - 1.79%
- Brown University - 1.69%
- Norfolk State University - 1.64%
- Stanford University - 1.60%
- Montclair State University - 1.37%
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago - 1.36%
- Ramapo College - 1.32%
- Broward College - 1.24%
- SUNY Geneseo - 1.20%
I love seeing these strong numbers! Keep up the good work. If you're not listed here, but want to be, take a look at the toolkit and see if you come up with any creative ideas for how to boost participation. Don't be afraid to ask us for help, either! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to soon. We love to help find creative ways for our partners to get campus active for voting. Until next week...
Democracy Works, makers of TurboVote